Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Death is Preventable

I came back to Canada with a new appreciation for the country I was born and raised in.  

In the past,  I had travelled to our Home of Angels at least a couple of times a year, but this time was different.  I saw people struggling in a way I had never witnessed before.  Not only was there no rain, the crops were dead and the swamps had dried up.  By the time I left to return home, the level of water was so low that the town of Jinja had to turn it off.  

Many are dying daily.  Last week Edwin and I had 6 personal friends pass.

I know I don't have time to bake enough banana bread to cover the cost of this well, so Edwin and I are asking for help.  If any of you could find it in your heart to donate whatever you can, we would be so grateful.  You will help save the lives of the poorest of the poor... our neighbours.

We have set up an account on Go Fund Me in hopes of raising enough money to drill a bore hole.  Please go to the following link.

https://www.gofundme.com/emergency-water-well


Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Barb and Edwin

No comments:

Post a Comment